recent tracks:

9.09.2009

CSA Time!



I have another post in the works to describe the weekend, but in the meantime I can't contain my excitement--our farm share is finally beginning! The picture above is evidence of why you all should consider getting involved with community supported agriculture.

The following is my preliminary plan for meals:

1)
green salad w/ roast beet, sautéed beet stems, red onion & chickpeas, balsamic reduction
seven stars bread

2)
squash casserole w/ pesto ricotta & fresh mozzarella

3)
huevos rancheros w/ sautéed green pepper & onion, roast tomato
jalapeno cornbread

4)
smoked catfish w/ smoked carrots & apples

Here's a farm that delivers to various locations in New Castle County, DE!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous picture, no wonder you are inspired! I love your menus too. Perhaps one of your aunts has Nano's recipe for sourpickles...they were always my favorites and I used to make them a lot. I think Kate has my old red and white recipe box where I kept it. I, too, like farm markets and loved it when the farm up the street used to have "surprise" boxes, full of things I had never tried before...plus they included recipes. This started about ten years ago and went on for about five years, before they got so busy and did a stall up in Phila. They never delivered...didn't have to, they were so close. I miss that on this side of town..xo N

11:47 AM, September 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home