6.13.2006
The Professional
I never thought I'd wear a suit and tie every day, but here I am. It's very interesting work, and I have lots of stories which it would be a breach of confidentiality for me to share publicly. But I will tell you basically what I do, then I will leave the office. I promise, cross my heart and hope to die, a more substantial update than this soon.
8:00 leave the apartment
8:25 arrive at RILS
8:30 enter hours from the day before, look over research for memo
8:45 file a stack of cases
11:30 return to court for more cases
1:00 lunch break
2:00 court again
3:00 back to the office:
That's that. I really enjoy the atmosphere here although I'm already getting more emotionally involved than I probably should in some of the cases. Or maybe it's a good sign that I am. Who knows.
We watched Chinatown last night. It was quite good. I'm glad the villain isn't one of our clients, though he's far too rich anyway. We might have watched something else; I don't remember when I last updated so I don't know. Off I go now to meet Summer on the bridge over the canal before meeting up with Jake to hang out. More details on life later.
8:00 leave the apartment
8:25 arrive at RILS
8:30 enter hours from the day before, look over research for memo
8:45 file a stack of cases
This consists of9:30 head over to court
1. alphabetizing them
2. going through each file to mark court dates on an oversized calendar
3. placing them into a file cabinet
Observe the real attorneys at work, advocating for parents with respect to their children. The process is pretty fascinating; maybe I'll provide an overview sometime. The characters are equally interesting.11:00 recess
11:30 return to court for more cases
1:00 lunch break
2:00 court again
3:00 back to the office:
Read cases for tomorrow4:30 head home
or
Work on memo
or
Meeting
or
More filing/random office work
That's that. I really enjoy the atmosphere here although I'm already getting more emotionally involved than I probably should in some of the cases. Or maybe it's a good sign that I am. Who knows.
We watched Chinatown last night. It was quite good. I'm glad the villain isn't one of our clients, though he's far too rich anyway. We might have watched something else; I don't remember when I last updated so I don't know. Off I go now to meet Summer on the bridge over the canal before meeting up with Jake to hang out. More details on life later.



1 Comments:
I see that one of your recent tracks is entitled "That Right Ain't Shit." I heard that Antonin Scalia and Samual Alito have been covering that song recently, particularly with regard to the Fourth Amendment...
Post a Comment
<< Home