5.23.2009
I'm alive! & writing.
I have created a new blog in order to produce more disciplined writing than I currently (formerly) produce(d) for this blog. I am currently getting the new blog set up here.
Other reasons for creating this new blog include:
1) The fear that regularly writing legal memoranda will dull my ability to communicate to non-lawyers;
2) An inclination to convert ideas and essay fragments into actual essays; and
3) My long-standing ambition to become a "writer" of merit.
A few initial goals are as follows:
1) To post at least weekly, whether or not I have finished a composition;
2) To write clear, thoughtful, and carefully organized posts;
3) To become comfortable writing and editing multiple drafts; and
4) To receive feedback.
Plans (including some half-baked ideas floating about the apartment on scraps of paper) for essay topics include:
1) A paean to libraries;
2) Reflections on the second movement of Beethoven's Seventh Symphony;
3) Getting to know a city;
4) The problem with traditional economic analysis of environmental issues; and
5) The workplace as a hidden enemy of environmentalism.
Others are in later stages of production and should begin to appear Monday, I hope.
Other reasons for creating this new blog include:
1) The fear that regularly writing legal memoranda will dull my ability to communicate to non-lawyers;
2) An inclination to convert ideas and essay fragments into actual essays; and
3) My long-standing ambition to become a "writer" of merit.
A few initial goals are as follows:
1) To post at least weekly, whether or not I have finished a composition;
2) To write clear, thoughtful, and carefully organized posts;
3) To become comfortable writing and editing multiple drafts; and
4) To receive feedback.
Plans (including some half-baked ideas floating about the apartment on scraps of paper) for essay topics include:
1) A paean to libraries;
2) Reflections on the second movement of Beethoven's Seventh Symphony;
3) Getting to know a city;
4) The problem with traditional economic analysis of environmental issues; and
5) The workplace as a hidden enemy of environmentalism.
Others are in later stages of production and should begin to appear Monday, I hope.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home