recent tracks:

11.08.2008

What an Autumn!

I have had a fantastic fall. Here's why:

1) The election. Not just the overall result, but also the simple act of civic participation is exhilarating.

2) I passed the Rhode Island and Massachusetts Bar Examinations.

3) In the last ten days, I have seen my two favorite bands of the moment in concert.

   (a) Of Montreal created an amazing visual and sonic experience at a fun but decrepit venue.

   (b) Man Man were their usual frenetic, circus-act selves.

4) My association with Philadelphia sports is actually making me happy.

   (a) I attended my first Eagles game at the Linc.

   (b) The Eagles appear to have recovered from the poor showing they put on at that (nevertheless extraordinarily fun) experience.

   (c) Although baseball is not my thing, riding the Phillies wave to the first major professional championship Philadelphia has seen since I was an infant was pretty great.

5) There have been lots of good times with friends new and old, and with family.

6) I very much enjoy my current employment.

7) Community supported agriculture has enriched our lives and our menu. The experience of turning a native and sustainable bounty into tasty and sustaining meals is pleasantly conducive to creativity.

So here's to the changing leaves, the bit of bite in the autumn breeze, and plentiful apple cider!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home