4.13.2008
List & Reviews
People on my iPod that I saw in person in the last seven days:
Vampire Weekend was disappointing to me, probably because they've received a lot of hype and I found most of their set to be not particularly interesting.
Lupe Fiasco was pretty good; I don't know his music well, but I enjoyed what I heard, and he worked the crowd well.
Girl Talk was fantastic in every way.
M.I.A. was mixed--I generally enjoyed her individually, but her backups were grating, her DJ filled the indoor arena with sirens and the sounds of gunshots, and the sound mixing was awful--the noise was ear-splitting and unintelligible. I once attended a Dismemberment Plan concert which suffered from the mixing/volume problem, but still entranced me because the band was so good. Here, I couldn't get over it because I wasn't feeling anyone but M.I.A. herself. All in all, I'd prefer to listen to her albums.
Here is my review of Human Smoke.
- Vampire Weekend
- Lupe Fiasco
- Girl Talk
- M.I.A.
- Antonin Scalia
Vampire Weekend was disappointing to me, probably because they've received a lot of hype and I found most of their set to be not particularly interesting.
Lupe Fiasco was pretty good; I don't know his music well, but I enjoyed what I heard, and he worked the crowd well.
Girl Talk was fantastic in every way.
M.I.A. was mixed--I generally enjoyed her individually, but her backups were grating, her DJ filled the indoor arena with sirens and the sounds of gunshots, and the sound mixing was awful--the noise was ear-splitting and unintelligible. I once attended a Dismemberment Plan concert which suffered from the mixing/volume problem, but still entranced me because the band was so good. Here, I couldn't get over it because I wasn't feeling anyone but M.I.A. herself. All in all, I'd prefer to listen to her albums.
Here is my review of Human Smoke.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home