11.19.2007
The theme of the afternoon
was "My Car Was Broken Into; Now What Do I Do?"
Indeed, as I (figuratively) skipped merrily toward Symposium Books in search of a $6.98 copy of Diet for a Dead Planet, I noticed glass on the passenger seat of Big Red, the mighty Bonneville. Say what?
Sadly, some undoubtedly unhappy soul had seen fit to smash the front passenger window, seemingly seeking a digital music player of some sort (steered to my steed by an iPod adapter, so a squad member later said). Alas, no satisfaction was supplied to this someone, as my iPod slumbered safely indoors. Nevertheless, glass littered the passenger seat just inside the void that had previously been the passenger window, my iPod adapter strewn carelessly aside a neighboring vehicle.
Perhaps the law book in the backseat scared the sneaking scoundrel away?
At any rate, I stumbled across my injured steed en route to Symposium (a sojourn started but stalled under the circumstances), and, saddened by its state, surrendered to my abode to telephone the authorities. The arm of the law arrived with admirably little adjournment, and this amicable authority informed me that my antagonist had absconded with some others' articles, appropriated from their automobiles. I, having had little for [him? her?] to haul away, had achieved the optimal outcome from this atrocity.
BUT what to do now? Big Red was missing a window!
To Home Depot, of course (after shrimp tacos and a gas station vacuum)! The helpful clerks led us to plexiglass, polyethylene, and the like; we liked plexiglass best, and purchased some, for at least a pro tempore purpose. Proceeding to our apartment, we pondered potential plexiglass paths. My pluck piqued, I plunged into the project, carving the plastic as if possessed. Proximately, I produced a perfect (well, plastic) picture of the precedential passenger window! Imagine my pleasure!
A little duct tape (and some lopped plexiglass) later, our limousine was again livable. At least, so we hope, as we anticipate a potentially perilous journey through Jersey to Delaware...
Indeed, as I (figuratively) skipped merrily toward Symposium Books in search of a $6.98 copy of Diet for a Dead Planet, I noticed glass on the passenger seat of Big Red, the mighty Bonneville. Say what?
Sadly, some undoubtedly unhappy soul had seen fit to smash the front passenger window, seemingly seeking a digital music player of some sort (steered to my steed by an iPod adapter, so a squad member later said). Alas, no satisfaction was supplied to this someone, as my iPod slumbered safely indoors. Nevertheless, glass littered the passenger seat just inside the void that had previously been the passenger window, my iPod adapter strewn carelessly aside a neighboring vehicle.
Perhaps the law book in the backseat scared the sneaking scoundrel away?
At any rate, I stumbled across my injured steed en route to Symposium (a sojourn started but stalled under the circumstances), and, saddened by its state, surrendered to my abode to telephone the authorities. The arm of the law arrived with admirably little adjournment, and this amicable authority informed me that my antagonist had absconded with some others' articles, appropriated from their automobiles. I, having had little for [him? her?] to haul away, had achieved the optimal outcome from this atrocity.
BUT what to do now? Big Red was missing a window!
To Home Depot, of course (after shrimp tacos and a gas station vacuum)! The helpful clerks led us to plexiglass, polyethylene, and the like; we liked plexiglass best, and purchased some, for at least a pro tempore purpose. Proceeding to our apartment, we pondered potential plexiglass paths. My pluck piqued, I plunged into the project, carving the plastic as if possessed. Proximately, I produced a perfect (well, plastic) picture of the precedential passenger window! Imagine my pleasure!
A little duct tape (and some lopped plexiglass) later, our limousine was again livable. At least, so we hope, as we anticipate a potentially perilous journey through Jersey to Delaware...
Labels: Bonneville, life, theft

1 Comments:
May I suggest throwing the [actual and proverbial] law book at the thief?
A good fantasy match this weekend -- who knows how it would have turned out had conditions at Heinz Field been better. If things continue in the standings as they are now, we may meet again in Week 15!
Post a Comment
<< Home