recent tracks:

6.22.2007

No News Is Good news

A comment on the intervals, of course, rather than the posts themselves.

Since the last update, my media consumption has included:

J. K. Rowling
  • Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone

  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

  • Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Carl Zimmer
  • Soul Made Flesh: The Discovery of the Brain--and How It Changed the World

Next up:

Cormac McCarthy
  • No Country for Old Men

It should also be noted that, before the call of Harry Potter proved more than a match for my mast-lashing skills, I was halfway through a re-read of Nicholson Baker's The Everlasting Story of Nory.

I have read no noteworthy short pieces of late.

Preparations for Summer's and my move and for our wedding are becoming ever less, even as they remain ever present. And the other bits and pieces of life continue to squeeze themselves in among those considerations; I have now actually argued against adverse attorneys in court rather than simply reciting "no objection," and there is plenty more to keep me busy downtown. Furthermore, work for Law Review has begun in earnest, and the basis of this summer's research has very recently been publicized.

I registered for fall courses:

Human Rights
Civil Rights
Interviewing & Counseling
Seminar: Immigration Law
Judicial Externship
Seminar: Judicial Process
Specialized Legal Research: International Law

With the following courses anticipated in the spring:

Family Law
Natural Resources Law
Mediation
Wills & Trusts
[Honors Seminar]
[credits for Law Review]

This will, however, have the unfortunate effect of condensing my study of many topics of law in which I have no interest to speak of (e.g. classes based on the Uniform Commercial Code). Those weeks leading up to the bar exam will undoubtedly be painful.

A note likely more for my benefit than anyone else's: I believe that a task of particular personal importance in the next week or so will be organizing and beginning to prepare my clerkship application materials.

As always, I'm sure this forum is hosting only my most mundane and useless thoughts; rest assured that I am likely forgetting or intentionally omitting much that is fun or interesting.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home