recent tracks:

5.04.2007

It's Been Awhile

Hi there. I will provide a somewhat opaque window into my last month or so.

Two exams down, three to go. I am having difficulty concentrating at the moment, hence the post.

I will be a judicial intern next semester; not sure with whom.

I have received two funding sources for this summer as well as a paid research assistant job.

SEA and I have been putting down deposits and getting wedding things ready. I've been fitted for my formalwear.

I had been planning for some time on trying to win free tickets to the Modest Mouse / Man Man show on Wednesday. At one point (in despair) I had tried to buy them but found them sold out. Despite my preparation, I was so shocked when I did win free tickets to the Modest Mouse / Man Man show on Wednesday that the DJ mocked me for not sounding excited. The music part of the show was excellent, but I wasn't too keen on the venue for such a big show (weird acoustics, difficult to navigate crowd), and there was an annoying couple right behind us whose antics do not demand elaboration in this forum. But once again, Man Man were fantastic and Modest Mouse blew me away (more than I expected given that they focused on newer material that I don't know well).

Um you'll have to forgive my failure to detail my media consumption. Free reading has stalled (save for the latest Harper's, which I recommend more heartily than usual, particularly the articles on libraries, depression, and the history of human rights). Movies include Grindhouse (I don't know if that made it into the last post, but it is highly recommended), Zodiac (so-so), and Dinosaurs 3D: Giants of Patagonia (IMAX; enjoyable but why does everything about dinosaurs have to be for kids??? I had so many questions... Anyway phenomenal graphics make it worthwhile).

I'm still trying to figure out my reaction to the Eagles' draft.

Anyway, I'm sure I'm missing out on some big things (mmm like my lobster dinner courtesy of law review) but that's enough for now. Immigration Law beckons, then SEA and I are looking at some apartments in an hour and a half (though I would guess we're not moving).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home