2.26.2007
Good news and bad news (and movie)
Good news: wedding site updated.
Bad news: the Supreme Court denied the cert petition in Irving N. (nee Kayla N.).
Movie: Children of Men I enjoyed but was not generally as blown away as I thought I might be. One extremely distinguishing characteristic was the camerawork--sustained shots that followed the characters but swiveled to take in all the action and the characters' reactions, creating a strong feel of being a character yourself, and loads of hand-held shots providing a similar feel. The camera does not permit the viewer the slightest detachment. The premise was interesting, and though I got the distinct sense that there was a message, I couldn't quite figure it out, the resulting headscratching probably resulting in my somewhat reserved judgment. Lots of references to immigration, and the ugliness of adulthood. Actually, taking it from that angle, I'm already enjoying it more in retrospect.
Bad news: the Supreme Court denied the cert petition in Irving N. (nee Kayla N.).
Movie: Children of Men I enjoyed but was not generally as blown away as I thought I might be. One extremely distinguishing characteristic was the camerawork--sustained shots that followed the characters but swiveled to take in all the action and the characters' reactions, creating a strong feel of being a character yourself, and loads of hand-held shots providing a similar feel. The camera does not permit the viewer the slightest detachment. The premise was interesting, and though I got the distinct sense that there was a message, I couldn't quite figure it out, the resulting headscratching probably resulting in my somewhat reserved judgment. Lots of references to immigration, and the ugliness of adulthood. Actually, taking it from that angle, I'm already enjoying it more in retrospect.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home