10.18.2006
more movies
Movies I have seen but not yet discussed:
The Matador: very fun movie about a hitman and his only friend, rife with great dialogue, understated humor, and homoerotic undertones. Plus visually excellent.
XistenZ: fun for different reasons. Err. Yeah, I enjoyed it, while it seemed like the majority of the crowd was blasting Arjun for building it up. Reminds me of when I was super nervous playing "February Stars" by the Foo Fighters (my favorite song in the whole world at the time) for my mother at the Shell Station just up Possum Park Road (how harrowing it can be to share a "favorite," even with your own mother!). Anyway though the movie. Well, I'll just let a brief synopsis stand in place of commentary: gamers and realists are at war over a game system which plugs directly into people and creates what is basically an alternate reality--but then, what is really real???
The Departed: does it seem like I've been flat out raving about everything lately? Well, on this list, XistenZ gets a sideways thumb, The Matador gets a thumb up, and The Departed gets a thumb raised higher than that. The story is as steadily-paced and bloody as one might expect, the intrigue is fantastic, the twists are twisty, and the acting is (in my view surprisingly) phenomenal. Matt Damon, Leo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson (alright, no surprise there), Mark Wahlberg, and Alec Baldwin--just great. Not much else to say, because it'd be worth watching just for the interplay of the characters played by the actors listed above.
The Matador: very fun movie about a hitman and his only friend, rife with great dialogue, understated humor, and homoerotic undertones. Plus visually excellent.
XistenZ: fun for different reasons. Err. Yeah, I enjoyed it, while it seemed like the majority of the crowd was blasting Arjun for building it up. Reminds me of when I was super nervous playing "February Stars" by the Foo Fighters (my favorite song in the whole world at the time) for my mother at the Shell Station just up Possum Park Road (how harrowing it can be to share a "favorite," even with your own mother!). Anyway though the movie. Well, I'll just let a brief synopsis stand in place of commentary: gamers and realists are at war over a game system which plugs directly into people and creates what is basically an alternate reality--but then, what is really real???
The Departed: does it seem like I've been flat out raving about everything lately? Well, on this list, XistenZ gets a sideways thumb, The Matador gets a thumb up, and The Departed gets a thumb raised higher than that. The story is as steadily-paced and bloody as one might expect, the intrigue is fantastic, the twists are twisty, and the acting is (in my view surprisingly) phenomenal. Matt Damon, Leo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson (alright, no surprise there), Mark Wahlberg, and Alec Baldwin--just great. Not much else to say, because it'd be worth watching just for the interplay of the characters played by the actors listed above.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home