recent tracks:

10.14.2006

Let this entry stand as testament to my procrastination

(Saturday, 14 Oct. 2006)

This morning at 7 I took SEA et al. to Logan airport, where she and they continued on to Atlanta, arriving around the time I left for class. I tried to fill the void with a rather large black bean and salsa omelet, but it only took care of my stomach, which quite frankly was not much affected by the whole thing. Sicne I've been home, I began writing my piece for Law Review, which I'm getting rather amped about. I think I have reached a really solid structure and that I have a worthwhile argument that, were I Richard Posner rather than myself, would likely prevail. Of course, if I were Richard Posner, the argument would as likely as not find its home in a binding judicial decision rather than either going unpublished or sitting as a student note, but that's neither here nor there. So anyway, I've written a page or two, and outlined the whole shebang, and I think it's looking good.

Tomorrow I suppose I'll watch football, then I have my usual busy week, which this Tuesday will include attending a Jolie Holland concert in Boston by myself (unless I can find company). Wouldn't you know it, after I clicked "I accept" or whatever the button said, I noticed the $10 markup on the ticket--a 40% markup. Had I been thinking, I would have visited the Paradise Rock Club while I was in Boston this morning and avoided the surcharge. I felt obligated to preorder, though, because the last time JH came to the area the concert sold out long before the show.

Some other sundry items. I have taken a position as research assistant for a professor I like quite well; my specific job is to determine whether his client is actually being detained at GTMO, or come up with known detainees which might be the client. As an example of how difficult this task could end up being, one of the detainees who committed suicide in June was not on the official list; his existence became public only posthumously.

This job will likely mean that I will not take on any new tutees, at least for the time, when I am finished with those with whom I am currently working. The commuting is slicing my limited free time somewhat awkwardly as things go right now, though I got positive feedback on my current tutoring recently, and am enjoying the sessions themselves.

Also: SEA and I went apple picking last weekend. It was fun; the leaves are turning colors and are quite lovely, and the weather is becoming brisk. SEA made apple crisp. I stopped at Beavertail state park again the other day and sat briefly on the shore facing out toward the Atlantic, but the wind cut through my sweater and I retreated to the Bonneville. The Bonneville's repairs went well; it no longer squeals nor does it stop when I exit the highway. I have found a great bad classic rock/pop radio station.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home