recent tracks:

9.11.2006

Every Day Should Be A Holiday

This weekend was fun. On Friday after opening a joint account and travelling fruitlessly down to Bristol, Summer and I went to Brandon's to see Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which was (a) stylistically great, (b) fun, and (c) weak on plot (but I don't fault it too much for (c)--I would have absolutely loved this movie as a kid especially). For those of you out there who love airplanes and such (you know who you are, I'm sure), I suspect you would enjoy the movie. Reminded me a bit of Porco Rosso or Laputa. After the movie and seeing some pictures of Iceland, we went to Kartabar, which was "not really our scene." Alas. Saturday featured the traditional Johnny B's brunch, my first Torture class (which was stimulating as expected), a meeting with the law review Notes & Comments editors, then meeting up with Taylor and some Duxburyites for dinner+. We attended Waterfire later on and had delicious desserts courtesy of RWU (sponsoring Waterfire in celebration of its 50th anniversary), then sojourned in McFadden's before heading home. Yesterday for some unknown reason Fox Providence actually showed the Eagles trounce the Texans after some early sputtering; I love it I love it I love it. Football is in the air, the weather is back down in the 60s, and all is right with the world. I'm even off to a great start in fantasy football--barring a very strong performance by the Redskins' Chris Cooley and an unworldly performance by LaMont Jordan, I will be 1-0 in each of my fantasy leagues. Booyah. That was probably a very boring post. If you want something more entertaining, I suggest you search YouTube for Gnarls Barkley live on Letterman or at the MTV Music Awards (the former featuring a Catholic school uniform look, the latter Star Wars). Now it is time to go to school and discuss the political question doctrine...

P.S. I tried to make cookies for my RILS people last night but trying to up the flour to make up for insufficient oats did not work and the results are somewhat monstrous. Alas. I still need to stop by this week; I'll just have to bring them cookies some other time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaayyy!!!! Airplanes and such!!!!
porco Rosso is my hero!!!!

7:15 PM, September 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home