recent tracks:

7.04.2006

Oh What A Day

Well, now it's the 4th, but the 3rd was pretty darn spiffy.

First, the mail contained the last remaining document necessary to have my car Rhode Islandified. Then, we went to the DMV, and although I almost left in despair, having misplaced a document I thought might also be important for the process, SEA was my rock and in about an hour we were homefree with RI plates and no debt of sales tax. The number is easy to remember, too! After that we went to the Warwick mall to grab a lunch and kill some time before the blood drive started next door. When that condition was satisfied, we both shockingly gave blood. I had quite an excellent phlebotomist who recognized my nerves (easy to do when my pulse and blood pressure were both well above my normal numbers) and made the process quite pleasant. I provided the requisite amount in 5 minutes! SEA was not so lucky; she had a near-passing-out experience, quickly drawing a crowd to apply fans and ice packs and such. After her ordeal, though, we got pizza and movie passes and "be nice to me" stickers and all the good stuff. Plus my phlebotomist's boyfriend is in a dead cover band that we'll hopefully go check out sometime--this weekend? After that, we hit up (for the fourth time) the fabric store that is currently liquidating its inventory, and I grabbed some knitting implements to try to see if healthy knitting is as satisfying as depressed knitting. [First attempts: the knitting part is great, but purling is going to take some work. Casting on and knitting, though, seem to be engrained in me.] SEA has, in addition to a quilt project which is pieced and pinned and in the quilting stage, produced a skirt and planned for several other projects. Then for dinner I made one of our favorite dishes, pasta with a sausage-based meat sauce, and we chilled out and watched a movie* while SEA continued to recover from the blood ordeal. Tomorrow I suppose wedding planning (on which we spent quite a bit of time Sunday, now that the deposit is in(!)) will be on something of a hold as we recognize the day off and hopefully hang out with some good people and see some fireworks. And I'll put the new plates on the car!

*Goodbye Lover I would call something of a dark comedy; Ellen DeGeneres in particular had me laughing out loud (over my knitting). I don't want to say much because that would spoil most of the fun for any of you who would consider watching it. Just read the back of the box and if it sounds appealing to you, you'll probably like it. It's worth noting that I think there might be a bit of artistry in it, too; there are some noticeable repeated themes, including shots involving mirrors and references to The Sound of Music. But I didn't pay that much attention, as I was just looking for a fun flick. Which it was.

My writing is awful tonight. Not that it's usually particularly great, but I feel it's time to rest on a relatively successful day, polish off The Island of the Day Before, and as a final note leave congratulations to my brother on his academic achievements. And thank him for validating my fashion sense...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home