recent tracks:

5.15.2006

Gnarls Barkley

7 straight weeks at the top of the UK singles charts, but so much better than the Spice Girls (7 weeks at the top of the UK charts, summer 1996--ten years ago (now I feel old)):



Watch the video! SO GOOD!

Ask poor Summer; I'm probably driving her Crazy by wandering around singing it, mostly telling the cats that I think they're Crazy. Or that I'm Crazy. CivPro will do that to ya.

Speaking of Crazy, Breakfast of Champions: not as bad as they say, but still probably not great. I feel neither fulfilled nor unfulfilled, and I'd neither recommend it nor recommend against it. The oddly-angled cinematography and desperately-trying-not-to-lose-it acting of Bruce Willis, Nick Nolte, and Omar Epps definitely worked its magic--I definitely realized that Bruce in particular was losing it--but made me mildly ill. I'd rather be manipulated into suffering physical symptoms by horrible situations and ironic music (see Requiem for a Dream) than feel queasy due to motion sickness. That's why I turned off Fear and Loathing. But hey, I did feel ill, and I was supposed to feel ill, so I have to hand it to the director. Final random notes: I loved Kilgore Trout and still don't understand why Dwayne Hoover didn't go on his killing spree at the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home