4.24.2006
Monday Monday
One more class then no more 'til August.
I didn't realize it'd been almost a week since my last update until just now. Shocking! I'm not even sure what I did all last week. SEA and I got a study table from IKEA. Its name is black-brown Vika Amon 47 1/2" x 29 1/2" and white Vika Curry, or Vika for short. To make the room more amenable to Vika and also to my other project for the week, we rearranged things again. A side effect of this is that the exercise equipment is more accessible, which is good because my schedule has been off-kilter lately and running has suffered for it. My other project for the week, incidentally, was upgrading Monroe's digs. I picked up a cheap octagonal glass-top coffee table from craigslist, then screened in the sides and built a screen door (all with cat-proof screen). The result is that Monroe has twice the crawling room, and a habitat which shouldn't fall apart for a while yet.
I put my paper through an intense drafting process and turned it in today. I also planned next year's ACLU budget with Jake and have begun considering my schedule for the fall semester, though I'm awaiting advisement before I get too ensconsed in the process.
I'm probably going to DE on Wednesday, and I got a nibble on the Bonneville from someone in that neck of the woods, so if all goes well I might be taking the bus back. Thank you to those who recognized and affirmed my Bonneville melancholia; I'm pleased to say that I'm at least temporarily over it.
But wait there's more! First, Friday night SEA and I saw Thank You for Smoking, which was quite excellent, and then Saturday we trundled up to the Dux to visit Mr. Taylor Coughlan. We caught up on the news from Northfield, saw the historical sights of Duxbury and Plymouth, and watched The Squid and the Whale, which was also very good. Perhaps more substantive reviews will follow, but it's just as likely they won't, as I head into finals season.
My brain feels slightly empty. This likely has to do with having just turned in a major paper. Hopefully there'll be a more thoughtful update sometime soon.
I didn't realize it'd been almost a week since my last update until just now. Shocking! I'm not even sure what I did all last week. SEA and I got a study table from IKEA. Its name is black-brown Vika Amon 47 1/2" x 29 1/2" and white Vika Curry, or Vika for short. To make the room more amenable to Vika and also to my other project for the week, we rearranged things again. A side effect of this is that the exercise equipment is more accessible, which is good because my schedule has been off-kilter lately and running has suffered for it. My other project for the week, incidentally, was upgrading Monroe's digs. I picked up a cheap octagonal glass-top coffee table from craigslist, then screened in the sides and built a screen door (all with cat-proof screen). The result is that Monroe has twice the crawling room, and a habitat which shouldn't fall apart for a while yet.
I put my paper through an intense drafting process and turned it in today. I also planned next year's ACLU budget with Jake and have begun considering my schedule for the fall semester, though I'm awaiting advisement before I get too ensconsed in the process.
I'm probably going to DE on Wednesday, and I got a nibble on the Bonneville from someone in that neck of the woods, so if all goes well I might be taking the bus back. Thank you to those who recognized and affirmed my Bonneville melancholia; I'm pleased to say that I'm at least temporarily over it.
But wait there's more! First, Friday night SEA and I saw Thank You for Smoking, which was quite excellent, and then Saturday we trundled up to the Dux to visit Mr. Taylor Coughlan. We caught up on the news from Northfield, saw the historical sights of Duxbury and Plymouth, and watched The Squid and the Whale, which was also very good. Perhaps more substantive reviews will follow, but it's just as likely they won't, as I head into finals season.
My brain feels slightly empty. This likely has to do with having just turned in a major paper. Hopefully there'll be a more thoughtful update sometime soon.
Labels: Bonneville

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home