4.03.2006
JMWG Today, Vol. I, No. 1
I got the RWU stipend and am thus assured of some summer funding. Now I have to figure out what to do with it: Savings? Basic living expenses? Car? Gas? Hopefully the last of those won't even be an issue, as I have been granted an interview with Rhode Island Legal Services for a summer position, which (depending on my spirits) might permit me to walk, or at least take a short bus jaunt, to work.
That's that. The other part of this update is that this weekend SEA and I trundled on down to NJ to see cousin Heather's senior recital. Not that I expected her to be bad, but I was shocked at how good she was. I was also shocked to hear her recital partner, a solo euphonium player. That was interesting. So anyway family came from as far as Olympia and Walla Walla, Washington, and some suburb of Orlando, Florida to see this, so we had a jolly good, albeit brief, reunion before and after the recital. The weather was lovely, the New Jersey air smelled of manure, and all in all this was quite nice. Plus I hadn't seen my uncle Mike in some six years, and I too rarely see several of the other attendees. So we caught up and ate and ate and ate and then SEA and I returned to the TCNJ campus with Heather and cousin Jason, and, with Jason's guidance, we partied like rock stars. Actually we mostly talked a lot while a party went on around us. It's quite nice getting to know Jason and Heather as they are now after having been relatively close as children, and the experience was certainly worth the drive. Sunday morning we took Jason back to his parents' house, ate a little soup, and returned to our poor wretched cats who had eaten all their food. Presented with more, Petey ate until we thought he'd throw up. Luckily, he didn't.
Now I must eat lunch and call RILS, but later, a movie SEA and I watched on Friday demands commentary.
That's that. The other part of this update is that this weekend SEA and I trundled on down to NJ to see cousin Heather's senior recital. Not that I expected her to be bad, but I was shocked at how good she was. I was also shocked to hear her recital partner, a solo euphonium player. That was interesting. So anyway family came from as far as Olympia and Walla Walla, Washington, and some suburb of Orlando, Florida to see this, so we had a jolly good, albeit brief, reunion before and after the recital. The weather was lovely, the New Jersey air smelled of manure, and all in all this was quite nice. Plus I hadn't seen my uncle Mike in some six years, and I too rarely see several of the other attendees. So we caught up and ate and ate and ate and then SEA and I returned to the TCNJ campus with Heather and cousin Jason, and, with Jason's guidance, we partied like rock stars. Actually we mostly talked a lot while a party went on around us. It's quite nice getting to know Jason and Heather as they are now after having been relatively close as children, and the experience was certainly worth the drive. Sunday morning we took Jason back to his parents' house, ate a little soup, and returned to our poor wretched cats who had eaten all their food. Presented with more, Petey ate until we thought he'd throw up. Luckily, he didn't.
Now I must eat lunch and call RILS, but later, a movie SEA and I watched on Friday demands commentary.

2 Comments:
'Twas a lovely weekend indeed... The company and music and food were all fine, very fine. To be fair to the oft maligned state of New Jersey, TCNJ was spreading copious amounts of stinky treated mulch around campus. I ended up cooking a lamb dinner for eleven on Sunday, it was yummy if I may say so myself. I went a pound in the wrong direction last week (I was doing fine until Friday, imagine that)but that's ok... we all need party weekends sometimes.
Io Euphonium!
Post a Comment
<< Home