recent tracks:

3.05.2006

Another Long Break With Little News...

what could it mean? Midterm and paper! Now done.

The biggest news of the past two weeks, in my estimation, is that SEA and I have found a phenomenal place for Saturday brunch. This past week the selection du jour for both of us was blueberry-orange-walnut pancakes with raspberry butter. The week before it was a sausage and mushroom omelet for me. Note to those visiting in the near future: you're going to eat here.

Speaking of visits in the near future, the plan seems to be something like this: I'm going to work my way down to DE either next Friday or Saturday, perhaps with a stop in NYC. I will remain in DE until Tuesday morning, where I will likely steal ALG and return to the great white north in time to tutor Tom and pick MDA. Thus the younger brothers of the world will in fact unite, and hopefully we'll find things to do over the rest of the week. Perhaps a concert in western Mass. on Wednesday evening? Perhaps?

Then sometime that next weekend presumably ALG will depart in one manner or another, and MDA will head out once my classes have resumed.

In the meantime, I've watched some movies--last weekend Slackers then Friday night Hostel and last night Dave Chapelle's Block Party. I would recommend the first movie to some, the second to fewer but still some, and the third to more than would probably expect to be interested in it.

Inspired by my Property midterm, I also plowed through the book Freakonomics, finding it a good read for anyone, and similar to law school in the way it dissects the ebb and flow of society using economic tools. Quite interesting.

I continue to plug away at Truth, Torture, and the American Way, having just finished all the specific horror stories of people tortured under the supervision of the U.S. government during all those "regime changes" in South America in the 1980s.

There is no torture at 490 Angell, though. All is well here. I will be talking to Jake about continuing to try to set up ACLU internships, I have potentially secured work on an affordable housing project, and I remain optimistic about some other prospects for the summer as well.

Finally, I may well have caught up on sleep after spending a couple of long nights (and literally all day Thursday) working on my paper. I thus decreed this the weekend of sleep.

Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home