recent tracks:

2.23.2006

News Briefs

Lots of news/politics on RWUACLU.

Forthcoming: thoughts on "Crap Shoot: Everyone loses when politics is a game," by
Garret Keizer (March 2006 Harper's) including agreement, criticism of what I feel, based one where I am now, could have been a much more effective essay, and ties to The Glass Bead Game, one of my toppest of the top favorite books.

Link to an interview with Kurt Vonnegut and Joseph Heller from 1992. I haven't read it yet but assume it's interesting.

Procrastinating: midterm tomorrow worth ~13% of my spring semester GPA.

Applied for summer job with Affordable Housing Project. Might be able to work with Prof. representing Gitmo detainee. ACLU research might work out. Might contact prison project providing civil representation to inmates in southern MA, esp. in light of an RI prisoner whose recent abuse (specifics not public) has led to the suspension of nine workers. Must be pretty bad...

Should get to school. Studying to do. Must bring Summer umbrella! Running going well. Think I have more to say as usual but done for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home