10.24.2005
Of News (Lots!)
Summer made delicious meatballs and spaghetti sauce from scratch tonight. Mmm mmm.
I was Socraticized for the first time today in Criminal Law. I think I handled it fairly well, although I was posed some fairly difficult questions. People said good job, either way.
I am in position to narrowly defeat GDF in fantasy football, though I know that I mustn't count my chickens before they're hatched.
I have signed up for two 5ks, one the aforementioned Jack-O-Lantern Jog, the other one the Ambulance Chase, sponsored by the Student Bar Association. Summer will be joining me for the latter. Both promise beautiful locales and hopefully amusing t-shirts. Plus I should get my name on the internet as being kind of slow but not that slow. In preparation I ran again today, and hope to keep up a better running schedule over the rest of the fall at least.
Summer and I now have a print of Van Gogh's "Irises" hanging opposite the bed. It is nicely framed and cost not very much at BigLots, plus we had been looking for nice things to decorate our walls! And even more doubleplusgood is that Van Gogh painted it three months before he killed himself as a representation of the garden at the mental asylum to which he was committed!
Laveranues is doing well, in case anyone was wondering. Nory likes to stalk him. He can't do much about it.
In perhaps the biggest news of all, I used my good old orange milk crate to form a smaller shelving unit in my closet, put up a rod for hanging clothes, and now have clothes hanging in my closet...hurray!
And finally, I attended an interest meeting for the NYU Public Interest Legal Career Fair, for which I will likely register when allowed to do so (Nov. 1), and which I will likely use to help find a worthwhile summer job (likely unpaid) like a pig snorting out the choicest truffle of them all from beneath the roots of a venerable oak tree.
I was Socraticized for the first time today in Criminal Law. I think I handled it fairly well, although I was posed some fairly difficult questions. People said good job, either way.
I am in position to narrowly defeat GDF in fantasy football, though I know that I mustn't count my chickens before they're hatched.
I have signed up for two 5ks, one the aforementioned Jack-O-Lantern Jog, the other one the Ambulance Chase, sponsored by the Student Bar Association. Summer will be joining me for the latter. Both promise beautiful locales and hopefully amusing t-shirts. Plus I should get my name on the internet as being kind of slow but not that slow. In preparation I ran again today, and hope to keep up a better running schedule over the rest of the fall at least.
Summer and I now have a print of Van Gogh's "Irises" hanging opposite the bed. It is nicely framed and cost not very much at BigLots, plus we had been looking for nice things to decorate our walls! And even more doubleplusgood is that Van Gogh painted it three months before he killed himself as a representation of the garden at the mental asylum to which he was committed!
Laveranues is doing well, in case anyone was wondering. Nory likes to stalk him. He can't do much about it.
In perhaps the biggest news of all, I used my good old orange milk crate to form a smaller shelving unit in my closet, put up a rod for hanging clothes, and now have clothes hanging in my closet...hurray!
And finally, I attended an interest meeting for the NYU Public Interest Legal Career Fair, for which I will likely register when allowed to do so (Nov. 1), and which I will likely use to help find a worthwhile summer job (likely unpaid) like a pig snorting out the choicest truffle of them all from beneath the roots of a venerable oak tree.

1 Comments:
How could a law-related race called the "ambulance chase" NOT have a cool t-shirt?
The Iowa law school, incidentally, also has a (very short/imformal) race every year..."res judicata." which is how I know that term means claim preclusion.
And my blue milk crate has served me similarly well..."theft" has its rewards ;)
~Zanna
Post a Comment
<< Home