10.14.2005
Of Black Cats and Jack-O-Lanterns
Nory has become very interested in Laveranues of late...this makes for some entertainment, all the more so because Laveranues doesn't seem particularly bothered by the attack kitten.
Two nights ago I made a pasta sauce that I thought was really good, releasing hot Italian turkey sausage from its casing, cooking it up with diced onion, then simmering it with plain tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, and oregano. Yum.
Today I have my first law school examination. It will be rather different from most I will face, primarily because it is multiple choice. I did more studying than I'd done for any test in a long time; I even made flashcards. As a result, I was confident enough in my grasp of the material to sit down with Summer and watch Amadeus last night.
Amadeus was quite captivating in some ways, but I found the chracters to be pretty shallow--the movie seemed reliant almost more on its costumes and sets than on its characters or plot. As far as that sentence goes, the costumes and sets were pretty phenomenal, the plot was (I suppose) based on a true story, and the politics surrounding the plot were very interesting. Maybe life in the fairly fascinating society of 18th c. Vienna simply made for people without particularly deep personalities? I have to assume not. Therefore I give Amadeus *** on the strength of costumes, sets, and the way it brought 18th c. Vienna to life without necessarily doing the same for its characters.
Finally, I ran a self-plotted 5k yesterday for the first time in over a year, I think, in about 24 minutes. I was happy about that; it seems to indicate that with a more consistent running schedule I could actually post some not indecent times. After all, I never came into a throwing season hitting PRs on the first day. I think Summer and I will try to enter a nice, gentle run right before Halloween (the Jamestown Jack-O-Lantern Jog), and then hopefully keep going with the running after that.
Wish me luck on the test!
Two nights ago I made a pasta sauce that I thought was really good, releasing hot Italian turkey sausage from its casing, cooking it up with diced onion, then simmering it with plain tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, and oregano. Yum.
Today I have my first law school examination. It will be rather different from most I will face, primarily because it is multiple choice. I did more studying than I'd done for any test in a long time; I even made flashcards. As a result, I was confident enough in my grasp of the material to sit down with Summer and watch Amadeus last night.
Amadeus was quite captivating in some ways, but I found the chracters to be pretty shallow--the movie seemed reliant almost more on its costumes and sets than on its characters or plot. As far as that sentence goes, the costumes and sets were pretty phenomenal, the plot was (I suppose) based on a true story, and the politics surrounding the plot were very interesting. Maybe life in the fairly fascinating society of 18th c. Vienna simply made for people without particularly deep personalities? I have to assume not. Therefore I give Amadeus *** on the strength of costumes, sets, and the way it brought 18th c. Vienna to life without necessarily doing the same for its characters.
Finally, I ran a self-plotted 5k yesterday for the first time in over a year, I think, in about 24 minutes. I was happy about that; it seems to indicate that with a more consistent running schedule I could actually post some not indecent times. After all, I never came into a throwing season hitting PRs on the first day. I think Summer and I will try to enter a nice, gentle run right before Halloween (the Jamestown Jack-O-Lantern Jog), and then hopefully keep going with the running after that.
Wish me luck on the test!

3 Comments:
GOOD LUCK on the TEST !
gp
So how do you feel it went? Is Petey's stomach any better?
we weren't here to wish you good luck...but we always wish it for you, every day...seems to be working so far!
what was wrong with Petey? do hope he is feeling better...
good for you (about running)...you will need to do that if you keep on cooking and making such yummy things..it happened to us!
does the froggy have some sort of cover on his container? i have a feeling that Norie might be clever enough to get to him...really get to him!
xo n
Post a Comment
<< Home