10.27.2005
Grades: mushroom or toadstool? I don't know.
I got back three grades today. One was a 3/3 on a minor assignment. One was an 18/25 on my Contracts midterm, which puts me in the top third of the class, but beyond that I do not know my precise standing, and the number does not indicate any sort of grade. The final was an 8/15 on my last larger Legal Methods assignment, which was the class average. That was somewhat disappointing, but I did improve in the areas I focused on, namely reformatting my writing style (Writing Overall: Clarity, Spelling, Grammar: Good) and better synthesizing my research into rules. Unfortunately my research was apparently not good; that, however, should not be the case for this next major assignment the first draft of which I will be turning in next Wednesday. So my feedback has provided me with some disappointment (room to grow?) and some satisfaction.
I should be getting more feedback when I take my Criminal midterm next Tuesday, turn in that first draft next Wednesday, and turn in an optional Criminal writing assignment a week from Monday. All of these, however, mean that I should probably be doing work now instead of writing here. Another consequence is that my mixes are taking forever.
Anyway, here I am, debating whether to do my Torts work for tomorrow, my Contracts work for tomorrow, or to study for my midterm or work on my paper. I think I'll start with Torts.
There's more to say (Harriet Miers, ACLU, weekend, etc.), but later!
Except for this: the new title (Mushroom or Toadstool?) comes to you courtesy of Prof. Kent, Civil Procedure. The old (A Complex Braid of Classic Cables), I should mention, came from an Anthropologie catalog.
I should be getting more feedback when I take my Criminal midterm next Tuesday, turn in that first draft next Wednesday, and turn in an optional Criminal writing assignment a week from Monday. All of these, however, mean that I should probably be doing work now instead of writing here. Another consequence is that my mixes are taking forever.
Anyway, here I am, debating whether to do my Torts work for tomorrow, my Contracts work for tomorrow, or to study for my midterm or work on my paper. I think I'll start with Torts.
There's more to say (Harriet Miers, ACLU, weekend, etc.), but later!
Except for this: the new title (Mushroom or Toadstool?) comes to you courtesy of Prof. Kent, Civil Procedure. The old (A Complex Braid of Classic Cables), I should mention, came from an Anthropologie catalog.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home