recent tracks:

8.20.2005

Of Drugs, Sex, and Cemetaries

This morning I did 3 hours worth of law school suggested service. I arrived a bit after 9 due to oversleeping, but the only person on the street was a drug dealer, I later learned. He asked me what I was looking for, and I said I was going to clean the cemetary. He seemed a little confused. So I wandered around for another half hour before the remainder of the crew showed up. I ended up cleaning up one side of the cemetary's perimeter, finding more dime bags and empty plastic vodka bottles than I expect I'll see in the entire rest of my life combined. I also saw a person in a van pick up a prostitute. It was not dissimilar to what you see in the movies and such.

That finished up around 12:30 and I headed up to tutor training. Training was fine; they still had pizza for me, and I learned a few things here and there. I am going to try to get enough sleep tonight, though I have to be up at 7:30 or so to get to Brandeis by nine tomorrow morning. If I don't get enough tonight I will probably just pass out tomorrow evening. I'm not sure exactly why I feel so tired after what would've been full nights of sleep in college, but it might have to do with the extra stress of all sorts of things just beginning, among them an experience quite a few people rank among the most stressful of their lives. That might do it. Otherwise, I've caught whatever Summer has. At any rate, I tried to do some homework this evening and it just didn't work.

Also not working have been my attempts to watch or listen to the Eagles game. This is frustrating, particularly since espn.com no longer provides a live game center. The nfl.com one just isn't as good. Maybe I should just go to bed.

I am ready for company and a gym membership. The past few days I've driven out at night to pick up equipment listed at craigslist: a treadmill and an exercise bike. The first was too big to go in the car, the second too small to fit me. Alas, I shall keep lifting and occasionally running. At least I remembered about iTunes radio service so I have been listening to enjoyable music between these unsuccessful jaunts.

One week from now Summer will be in the air and hopefully I'll have the apartment spotless and my homework done.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to see the Eagles win. Some folks might say they didn't deserve to, but nobody in this house, as you can well imagine. The last few minutes were almost enough to have me biting my nails. PP missed the confusion at the end of the first half because he thought it was over. That will teach him to leave the room too soon.
Do you think you are doing too much? I know it will only get "worse", but, perhaps, you should rest while it is possible. Tell me more about a gym, or the like, membership. Christmas, perhaps?
Will a chance for civic projects occur each weekend? That one sounded fairly interesting...giving you a chance to see how other folks live. It is, often, eye-opening.
Brave you, being the guinea pig in your class. Hey, that is one way to make an impression, probably a good one.
Maybe you should get a Yoga video and learn to practice that as a stress reliever. I am not kidding when I suggest that. It is super for your body and your mind.
Less than a week now. I am sure the days will be longer, or at least seem so.
Love,
N

12:26 PM, August 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home