8.18.2005
Of Chess and Other Vices
Well, not necessarily vices, I guess. But I downloaded a chess program (Arasan) since one of my law profs--the director of the honors program--is a chess fan and I need some practice if I want to play him. Which I may or may not, but at any rate he and Timmy have inspired me to spend a good ten minutes total the past three days losing to the program. But I just beat it, bringing the tally to maybe 1-4...hurray!
Hey any by the way classes and orientation and such have been going on now for a bit. There are maybe four or five people I talk to occasionally now, and perhaps there will be more or perhaps less in the weeks to come. I have learned about my various opportunities and am quite looking forward to the whole experience in general--volunteering in class doesn't even seem so bad (after classes with Kim at Carleton), so I was comfortable subjecting myself to Socratic-style humiliation in a 100-person Torts class the other day. I have met all but one of my professors and they all seem to take the good person, difficult prof approach, which I like. I turned in my first assignment today, I've been meeting the right administrators and such people, and all in all it's made for a pretty decent time.
I don't really have much more detail to go into now, and since I was at school from before 8 until 5:30 today, after which I came home and took the whole new and improved SAT for work, I don't especially want to write any more right now. I think a better option might be a quick run, a shower, and sleep. Somewhere in there I have some dishes to do, too. Oh and I think some other random business to take care of--always the random business interfering with things.
Anywayz, peace.
Hey any by the way classes and orientation and such have been going on now for a bit. There are maybe four or five people I talk to occasionally now, and perhaps there will be more or perhaps less in the weeks to come. I have learned about my various opportunities and am quite looking forward to the whole experience in general--volunteering in class doesn't even seem so bad (after classes with Kim at Carleton), so I was comfortable subjecting myself to Socratic-style humiliation in a 100-person Torts class the other day. I have met all but one of my professors and they all seem to take the good person, difficult prof approach, which I like. I turned in my first assignment today, I've been meeting the right administrators and such people, and all in all it's made for a pretty decent time.
I don't really have much more detail to go into now, and since I was at school from before 8 until 5:30 today, after which I came home and took the whole new and improved SAT for work, I don't especially want to write any more right now. I think a better option might be a quick run, a shower, and sleep. Somewhere in there I have some dishes to do, too. Oh and I think some other random business to take care of--always the random business interfering with things.
Anywayz, peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home