recent tracks:

7.28.2005

I have been reading Ann Coulter's Slander, lest you all think I isolate myself from the other side. Unfortunately, Coulter doesn't make it any clearer in her many unsupported rants. I have learned, however, that there are plenty of sleazy liberals in politics, as if I ever had doubts about that.

By the way, I found the book in the dumpster behind our apartment. There was a kitchen table nearby, which I also spirited into our kitchen, the better to eat meals with.

[I've been listening to lots of primarily conservative talk radio, too. Jay Severin (96.9, weekday afternoons) is a hateful, but interesting, man.]

...

I have been hired, pending any criminal activity in my background or drugs in my system, either of whose existence would come as a great surprise to me. Therefore, if you ever need random clothing or housewares, may I recommend the Kohl's in Seekonk, MA.

I also have an interview for a $16/hour tutoring job, which would make a nice supplement to the other.

I think there was some stuff I forgot to mention before. Let's see what it could be. For one, the phones still aren't working, but they will be "by 6 tomorrow, for sure!" At least the diagnostic they ran today showed that they should be working. If you can't reach me at 401.272.5354 by tomorrow at 6, please place angry calls to Verizon on my behalf.

Ah, I know what I was supposed to mention. I have my schedule! It's not actually that exciting, save that I'm happy to have the dean of the school, whom I quite liked when I met him, for one of my classes. Someday if I happen to bring my schedule to the library, or maybe actually have internet access at the apartment, I will let you know more specifics.

I think that about covers it. Still rather missing people in general, and of course specific people, too, though having more of them around in days to come should help with that. Laveranues is lonely since the other fish died, too, so we have long, deep conversations every night before he tucks me into bed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Such good news about the jobs. Who, what and where will you be tutoring?
What in the world is taking so long with the telephone? Your GGF and GGGF would not be happy with that. If Bell Tel. were still in existence!
We miss you too. In another life we would all be sitting down in the living room after our annual chili dinner at SIC this very evening, actually tomorrow night.
PP moved the boat back to our dock yesterday and we spent the night. It wasn't quite as hot as the last few days. We were able to have HH topsides before going into Rock Hall for softshells and crabcakes. We are hoping to go down and stay for at least three days later next month. We are curious to see if the Ospreys try to reclaim her again.
I have 19 people coming for brunch on Sunday to hear Katy Woodford talk about her Peace Corps time in the Cameroon. She had to come home early because of asthma.
Enough. You have been generous with sharing your thoughts and your "adventures". As you know, we do appreciate it. We both send you Our Love...N

9:46 PM, July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home