recent tracks:

5.29.2005

I Said "Hey!"

"What's goin' on?"

I'll tell you what.

Thursday night I mostly did lots of writing and turned stuff ("Over the Rainbow" and "Dualistic Dolphins") in on Friday. There was probably some other stuff on Thursday, but I couldn't tell you what it would have been. It was so long ago...

Friday after classes Summer and I went to Target, then took Andy to the airport, then Summer had a wine and cheese party. There was plenty of both wine and cheese, and the whole thing seemed to have been well-received. I, for one, enjoyed the quality fare as well as the company.

Saturday (two weeks before graduation) I mostly messed with my computer until it was time to see the midcore frisbee finals, which the long-suffering Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem won at long last. As they celebrated, I snuck off to the classics picnic on Mai Fete island. There was lamb roasting, as well as roast garlic and kalamata olives to snack on before the lamb was ready. Additionally there was wine and a 12+ hour reading of the Odyssey, of which my part was very well-received. Indeed, I took over as the light died, reading to a group huddled around the fire while Jackson held a lantern for me, and the overall scene was quite nice, I think. Summer appeared toward the end, and she, Taylor, and I ran off to see what was happening at the Superhero/Supervillain convention, one of Carleton's largest and most popular parties. It was nice, but we decided to head back to Allen. And so we did.

Then today was the LAST FUN TIME WITH LAVERANUES EVER. It was bittersweet, as the show seemed to flow very well, but I was having to hold back tears by the second-to-last song. Here is the tracklist. And what a tracklist it was. Also today I picked Andy up from the airport.

Tonight I will hold a seance and I will write some more. Joy of joys!

Speaking of joys, happy birthday to Alex!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... second to last song ...

"Suitcase Calling"
by The Polyphonic Spree

Entirely for you.
Soon you will see that there’s more there to me I will show.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories
of our love.
In the moment, a sparkled sky.
It’s amazing we all know.
It’s the coolest waterslide.
It’s amazing we will show.
What would you do to keep yourself holding on?
what would you say to keep yourself holding on too?
When the light comes today I’ll show my face.
It’s the seasons that keep me hanging on.

I'm sorry I missed your last show... I never did get used to your shedule this spring... darnit...

6:30 AM, May 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems I missed half the lyics to "Suitcase Calling"... Here's the whole song. ~sigh~


Entirely for you.
Soon you will see that there’s more there to me I will show.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories
  of our love.
In the moment, a sparkled sky.
It’s amazing we all know.
It’s the coolest waterslide.
It’s amazing we will show.
What would you do to keep yourself holding on?
what would you say to keep yourself holding on too?
When the light comes today I’ll show my face.
It’s the seasons that keep me hanging on.
It’s the reason it keeps me strong.
It keeps me hanging on and on and on.
When the mood gets me so far, then you go.
The places, you take me.
It seems like it’s always better until my heart.
It starts to show.
The places, you take me.
It seems like it’s always better until my heart.
It starts to grow.
It’s the feel good time of day.
You gotta go.
Too late to stay.
It’s the seasons that keep me on and on.
You got no place to play.
It’s the reasons that keep me strong.
They keep me hanging on and on and on.
When the mood gets me so far, then you go.
Time to feel the softest blow.
Waited for days for this night to get colder.
Time to feel the softest blow.
Waited for days for this night, for this day to grow.
For this day to grow.

6:47 AM, May 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems I missed half the lyics to "Suitcase Calling"... Here's the whole song. ~sigh~


Entirely for you.
Soon you will see that there’s more there to me I will show.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories.
The days went softly, suitcase calling me to the needs of our fond memories
  of our love.
In the moment, a sparkled sky.
It’s amazing we all know./p>In described as being the root of all modern music and was composed on and for violins and pianos amongst other instruments from every part of the globe.

Families of musical instruments

There are essentially 4 traditional families of instruments and in symphonic orchestras the instruments are still grouped in this way.

String instruments

String instruments are played by the musician plucking, bowing, striking or strumming taut strings creating a musical note. The note differs dependant on many different factors. Generally speaking the thicker the string, the deeper the note. The length of a string also affects the note being played, with the longer string creating a deeper note. The tighter string will create a higher pitched note because the frequency of the vibrations is much quicker. The musician can alter the length and tightness of the string in order to give a much wider variety of notes and a more harmonious tune.

Typical string instruments include the violin that was very popular in classical music. The violin is still seen regularly in symphonic orchestras. The guitar is also a popular string instrument which has gone from strength to strength. Classical guitar is typically summed up by Flamenco music but recently has become pop

6:48 AM, May 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home