recent tracks:

3.21.2005

Hi I'm Home!

Hi there folks.
Remember me?
It's been a full week since I've written anything here. Shocking, I know.
Let's go waaaaaay back to, say, the last day of class and the ensuing reading days. That is to say, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday the 9th, 10th, and 11th. Lots of fun stuff happened on those days. One of the fun things was on the 9th, and that was classes being over. Summer and Anna and Neal and I went to the Country Inn and swam in the pool and relaxed in the hot tub. That was really necessary and good. Thursday I got to go to an Italian place in Burnsville with my staff, then I came back and participated in Late Night Trivia in unspeakable ways. We tied with the throwers' team to win! Then Friday there was late night breakfast with the state of the moustache address, and let me tell you: the state of the moustache was STRONG on March 11th. I would say it's somewhat weaker now, as I'm now somewhat clean-shaven. Then I wrote my courts paper and turned that in on Saturday, and then got a chance to chill out for a bit with Summer in the afternoon, watch some "Curb Your Enthusiasm," and all that jazz. In the evening I aided Anna in her first-ever cream soda and viewing of Pulp Fiction while Summer sat by and pretended to study for a bit, and Andy and I think Neal were present as well. On Sunday after her final Summer and I tried to go to Las Delicias but instead settled for Chapati for a very nice celebratory meal of lamb in a spicy masala sauce and both garlic and keema naan, after which I worked on comps and my logic paper. Then Monday I had to turn in those pesky papers but Summer left too which was sad, so I worked on comps a bit in her room while she packed (having already turned in logic), then helped clean up a little and eventually saw her off, which was sad. Then I had to get dinner and then I realized that I'd left my latest version of comps saved on her computer, so what was I to do? I was to go find Kestrel, of course, and have her let me into Summer and Anna's room to get my comps! So that's what I did. Then I finished and turned it in and hung out with Neal and Meg and Taylor and that was mostly it. Tuesday was all about taking Laveranues the frog to Michael's and moving stuff around and checking people's rooms out and packing and leaving. I got into Philly sometime in the evening and then took Alex to go pick Julia up from the train station in Wilmington. That mission was accomplished, and the next was the first stop for all guests to Delaware: Golden Castle. I devoured a cheesesteak and we listened to songs on the jukebox. We got home and Julia and I looked at pictures and talked and the next day woke up in time for lunch at La Tolteca and Coldstone ice cream, mmm. Then we picked my mom up from work and came home and ate and ate some more, and played chess and watched I [Heart] Huckabees kind of, while playing Chinese Checkers. The next morning while Julia slept my mom took me to the airport and I flew off to LA. I was met at the airport by a black Town Car driven by a Tennessee expatriate who used to paint houses. I got to the Doubletree in Santa Ana and couldn't check in yet, so I called Summer and I called my mom and eventually got to go to my room, where I showered. Then at five I met this guy and various other people and asked them questions, and then we had a nice steak dinner complete with harp player, and then I went to my room. Friday I toured the Chapman campus and sat in on a moot Supreme Court argument and a mock class. The campus and the town were both very nice, and the professors seem quite good as well. we went out for a delicious dinner that evening, and then I went to my room at the hotel. Saturday I went to Disneyland. I partook in the following: Autopia, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster, The Haunted Mansion, Honey I Shrunk The Audience, The Indiana Jones Adventure, Innoventions, The Matterhorn Bobsleds, Pirates of the Caribbean, Splash Mountain, and Star Tours. Saturday night I couldn't get to the beach so I just got a pizza which I ate in my room while watching Gladiator. Sunday it was time to go. I did most of the Sunday Times crossword on the flight. Then I got in, ate leftover dinner, tried to plan part of the trip to Boston and Rhode Island I will be undertaking in mere hours, and went to sleep. I went to traffic court and did not qualify for probation before judgment, so I paid and left and now here I am. It is probably time to call the schools I'll be visiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home