3.06.2005
Andy pointed me toward this, courtesy of Wired.
What've I been up to the past few days, perhaps you're wondering??? Well, maybe I'll tell you.
Maybe if I work backwards I can remember all the steamy details. Let's start, therefore, with watching Kill Bill, vol. 1 this evening with Neal and Meg and Taylor. That definitely happened. Before that, I talked to Summer on the phone. Before that, I attended DVDFest, which was really good this year, and involved a movie that featured Andy Slabaugh '05 in a strong supporting role. This film was entitled "Growing Season in Three Movements," and I would recommend that you take the time to download and watch it. I would imagine the site will direct you to various other worthwhile films.
Earlier today, I played Madden, ate meals, went to Target, and talked to Summer.
Last night, though, I went to Froggy Bottoms again, and we had the same waitress as before. I tried to help Summer decide what to do about her Oregon interview situation, and Taylor ordered me an appletini for some reason. Before that we had tried to go to the hot tub at a local hotel, but they were only open to the public on weeknights. We will therefore (hopefully) hit it up on Wednesday for some hot tub goodness. Before that, there was the usual Friday afternoon fare, as far as I can remember. I talked to my father about going to Boston and Rhode Island over break, and on Thursday I made arrangements for southern California! What an exciting break it shall be.
Earlier on Thursday I took Summer to the airport in a speedy manner. Since she was a little late for her flight, she got a later one, and we had a delicious, expensive, airport Starbucks lunch. I also gave her the cd I had made for her, the composition of which had consumed my Sunday afternoon and evening.
So that's a summary of the last few days. Tomorrow Anna has assembled a consortium to go pick up Summer, and we will go to the mall and to dinner afterwards. It should be nice. I will probably also do some work, though I'm bad at doing work when it's not immediately required of me. Plus in the evening I will probably be too excited to have Summer home, although I think she has work to do, herself.
On a side note before leaving, for my reference (and yours, if you are interested), here are some concerts next term that seem very worthwhile:
The Decemberists
Sat 9 Apr
Fine Line
Iron & Wine
Fri 22 Apr
First Avenue
Animal Collective
Thu 28 Apr
Triple Rock
Of Montreal
Sat 30 Apr
Triple Rock
What've I been up to the past few days, perhaps you're wondering??? Well, maybe I'll tell you.
Maybe if I work backwards I can remember all the steamy details. Let's start, therefore, with watching Kill Bill, vol. 1 this evening with Neal and Meg and Taylor. That definitely happened. Before that, I talked to Summer on the phone. Before that, I attended DVDFest, which was really good this year, and involved a movie that featured Andy Slabaugh '05 in a strong supporting role. This film was entitled "Growing Season in Three Movements," and I would recommend that you take the time to download and watch it. I would imagine the site will direct you to various other worthwhile films.
Earlier today, I played Madden, ate meals, went to Target, and talked to Summer.
Last night, though, I went to Froggy Bottoms again, and we had the same waitress as before. I tried to help Summer decide what to do about her Oregon interview situation, and Taylor ordered me an appletini for some reason. Before that we had tried to go to the hot tub at a local hotel, but they were only open to the public on weeknights. We will therefore (hopefully) hit it up on Wednesday for some hot tub goodness. Before that, there was the usual Friday afternoon fare, as far as I can remember. I talked to my father about going to Boston and Rhode Island over break, and on Thursday I made arrangements for southern California! What an exciting break it shall be.
Earlier on Thursday I took Summer to the airport in a speedy manner. Since she was a little late for her flight, she got a later one, and we had a delicious, expensive, airport Starbucks lunch. I also gave her the cd I had made for her, the composition of which had consumed my Sunday afternoon and evening.
So that's a summary of the last few days. Tomorrow Anna has assembled a consortium to go pick up Summer, and we will go to the mall and to dinner afterwards. It should be nice. I will probably also do some work, though I'm bad at doing work when it's not immediately required of me. Plus in the evening I will probably be too excited to have Summer home, although I think she has work to do, herself.
On a side note before leaving, for my reference (and yours, if you are interested), here are some concerts next term that seem very worthwhile:
The Decemberists
Sat 9 Apr
Fine Line
Iron & Wine
Fri 22 Apr
First Avenue
Animal Collective
Thu 28 Apr
Triple Rock
Of Montreal
Sat 30 Apr
Triple Rock

1 Comments:
Praytell, when will you be in southern California? I am there March 18-21, though I believe I have other plans for the 18th and/or 19th...
Also, let's talk sometime about a fun visit to MSP on March 13... ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home