recent tracks:

2.02.2005

Late Nights All in a Row

So it's nearing 3:30 and I will be in bed by then. Mark my words.

Today I felt like my brain and body may have been connected, but they were also barely alive. Our Logic class has been gutted and I'm not sure how it will pan out for the rest of the term. Track practice was inordinately exhausting, as I'm putting a lot of work into learning the spin technique. I've seen others struggle with it for months, but I'm hoping that somehow I can have it down by February 12. Anyway, after that I was dead. I showered. I ate dinner. I attended a session on ethics. I came home to do work and fell asleep reading about statutory interpretation. After a real break and trip to the snack bar, as I was setting down to work once again, Julia called and we talked for almost an hour and a half, she having things to deal with. It seems everyone has things to deal with these days.

On the way to the complex to purchase a caffeinated beverage, I ran into Charles, which allowed for quite a welcome diversion from heavy things such as personal lives and papers.

Then I had to write my paper, which incorporates statutory interpretations into a rather compelling defense of the right Tennessee Valley Authority to build a dam effectively killing off the entire [endangered] species of the snail darter. I feel it turned out shockingly well for the level of exhaustion I'm feeling now.

OK that's it. Not terribly interesting, I know. Really one sentence of the above could sum the whole thing up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you are more awake could you tell some of us older folks what you meant about your logic class, please? good luck with the spin...i have a whole issue of the princeton alumni weekly to put on your pile...it is mainly about ethics...kept marking articles to send to you and then decided that i would save the entire issue.

8:18 AM, February 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home