2.21.2005
Booyah!
The comps talk was very well-received, and I, for one, enjoyed it immensely. I got better responses than I expected, including rather lavish compliments from Jackson. Plus I got to answer some interesting questions afterwards. All in all a sweet deal.
Prep for the talk on Friday was pretty fun also, as I got to sing "Our House" by Madness at the Rueb, as well as Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" with Lauren. I think my theory (that singing ridiculous things in front of strangers makes speaking in front of a group easier) holds.
Saturday then I went to a track meet and wasn't disappointed though I didn't exactly have a good meet either. I can still see the progress in my shot putting, and if I don't get it together enough this term I have confidence that I will in the spring. After the meet I gave Kyle my keys and then went to the comps conference. I listened to other talks and then gave mine and then Summer and Andy and others appeared, and I found out that my car had had troubles on the way to get Summer. This is no good, though I haven't tested the car myself yet.
Anyway after the conference I had the delicious classics dinner which included eggplant parmesan and baklava and some good wine. Then folks gathered in Davis to head over to Froggy Bottoms, where Anna's and my end of comps and my birthday were celebrated in high style. Then we went back to Davis for late night conversation before it was eventually bedtime.
Hey! Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and presents. I am using two as I write this, and am very delighted with both. They are a t-shirt and headphones from my parents and Summer.
Then came Sunday. There was to be no brunch. I don't know why I wrote that, as there was definitely brunch, but I am keeping it as evidence of my weirdness. After brunch it was time to clean my room! First Lauren helped but Summer came and did some hardcore cleaning, including vacuuming (until the vacuum was full). I am very very happy to look around and see my room all pretty now. Eventually it was dinnertime and that was pretty good, and then it was time to talk to home, which was also good, and then it was time to go to Davis and watch the very end of "Desperate Housewives," which was good, and then it was time to go to the snack bar! I talked to lots of people there and also picked Summer's classes for next term as well as deciding that I should take the history of jazz instead of Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Hemingway. I don't like Hemingway that well, but I do like jazz, and I don't know enough about it. Hopefully Summer will elect to take it, too.
Since the snack bar, I've been playing with music. I reset my cd collection and updated my tracklistings, which I will then print off before my radio show at 3 AM. I've been listening to music with these headphones which I love. I've been using iTunes and trying to figure out what song to get with the free song I got from my Pepsi tonight. Earlier I got "Surf's Down" by the Presidents of the United States of America, and was not disappointed.
I've also been doing laundry. I'm going to be amazingly clean by tomorrow, I hope. Laveranues, Betsy Govoni Dean of Students, and Benman Pearl need their water changed; hoepfully that will happen tomorrow, too.
Plans for this week include sleeping a lot (not tonight, though, unfortunately) and attending Andy's comps talk at 4:30 Thursday afternoon. I think there might be something else but I'm not sure what that would be. Hopefully it doesn't have to do with my Logic project or with Courts, though I bet it does. There will also be paying the school $60 so I can register for classes, and then actually registering for classes.
And let's not forget, most importantly, to listen to Fun Times with Laveranues! Monday from 6-8 PM CT. Just do it!
Prep for the talk on Friday was pretty fun also, as I got to sing "Our House" by Madness at the Rueb, as well as Natalie Imbruglia's "Torn" with Lauren. I think my theory (that singing ridiculous things in front of strangers makes speaking in front of a group easier) holds.
Saturday then I went to a track meet and wasn't disappointed though I didn't exactly have a good meet either. I can still see the progress in my shot putting, and if I don't get it together enough this term I have confidence that I will in the spring. After the meet I gave Kyle my keys and then went to the comps conference. I listened to other talks and then gave mine and then Summer and Andy and others appeared, and I found out that my car had had troubles on the way to get Summer. This is no good, though I haven't tested the car myself yet.
Anyway after the conference I had the delicious classics dinner which included eggplant parmesan and baklava and some good wine. Then folks gathered in Davis to head over to Froggy Bottoms, where Anna's and my end of comps and my birthday were celebrated in high style. Then we went back to Davis for late night conversation before it was eventually bedtime.
Hey! Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and presents. I am using two as I write this, and am very delighted with both. They are a t-shirt and headphones from my parents and Summer.
Then came Sunday. There was to be no brunch. I don't know why I wrote that, as there was definitely brunch, but I am keeping it as evidence of my weirdness. After brunch it was time to clean my room! First Lauren helped but Summer came and did some hardcore cleaning, including vacuuming (until the vacuum was full). I am very very happy to look around and see my room all pretty now. Eventually it was dinnertime and that was pretty good, and then it was time to talk to home, which was also good, and then it was time to go to Davis and watch the very end of "Desperate Housewives," which was good, and then it was time to go to the snack bar! I talked to lots of people there and also picked Summer's classes for next term as well as deciding that I should take the history of jazz instead of Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Hemingway. I don't like Hemingway that well, but I do like jazz, and I don't know enough about it. Hopefully Summer will elect to take it, too.
Since the snack bar, I've been playing with music. I reset my cd collection and updated my tracklistings, which I will then print off before my radio show at 3 AM. I've been listening to music with these headphones which I love. I've been using iTunes and trying to figure out what song to get with the free song I got from my Pepsi tonight. Earlier I got "Surf's Down" by the Presidents of the United States of America, and was not disappointed.
I've also been doing laundry. I'm going to be amazingly clean by tomorrow, I hope. Laveranues, Betsy Govoni Dean of Students, and Benman Pearl need their water changed; hoepfully that will happen tomorrow, too.
Plans for this week include sleeping a lot (not tonight, though, unfortunately) and attending Andy's comps talk at 4:30 Thursday afternoon. I think there might be something else but I'm not sure what that would be. Hopefully it doesn't have to do with my Logic project or with Courts, though I bet it does. There will also be paying the school $60 so I can register for classes, and then actually registering for classes.
And let's not forget, most importantly, to listen to Fun Times with Laveranues! Monday from 6-8 PM CT. Just do it!

4 Comments:
oh, i loved that post! so glad that all went well with the comps...i was sure that they would be wonderful, just like you. we are with mary and she now has a computer and email...her address is...mary40lamb@aol.com xoxo n
Take the Jazz !!!!
The frog's name is actually Mortimer.
That is a blatant lie. Had you wanted the frog to be named Mortimer, you should have called into the show and asked last term. It's too late for such things now, and Laveranues suits him better anyway. So nyah.
Post a Comment
<< Home