2.12.2005
The beautiful ones, they hurt you every time...
Don't worry, that's just a line from Prince's "The Beautiful Ones," a song which was pertinent to tonight.
Tonight I elected to take a break from the busyness and hit up the Carleton nightlife. This entailed the following, all with Summer and Anna, some with other characters (as noted):
18:45 - Leave the dining hall for Davis hall.
21:10 - Leave Davis hall for Allen House, having gained one old and uncomfortable sweatshirt.
21:15 - Leave Allen House by car for the Cave, having ditched said sweatshirt in favor of green corduroy shirt and Philadelphia Eagles knit hat.
21:20 - Arrive at the Cave to find Rag P & Ollie (and Neal and Randy) have been sent to the end of the line, not to perform until 11:30 PM. Nevertheless, we wait around for a bit to listen to Drew Piston, 1st Goodhue alum.
22:01 - Leave the Cave for the Tavern, having gained Andy.
22:05 - Having wandered the streets of Northfield for veritable minutes, our company finally arrives. This includes Geoff, Zanna, Keith, Simone, and Sarah. We acquire a table; malts (etc.) are ordered (mine a strawberry without whipped cream). Cristina and Drew arrive at various points. I consume a packet of peanut butter, my malt, and the end of Anna's malt.
??:?? - I don't know what time it is now, but Summer, Anna, Andy, and I head back to the Cave, our bellies full of malts, root beer floats, and clam chowder.
??:?? - Captain Yonder, 'shroomheads that they are (according to Ollie), finish their set and Rag P & Ollie & Neal & Randy prepare to take the stage. Randy reads his fantastic poetry while Neal plays power chords and Rag P & Ollie do their thing. Later, when Neal and Randy are gone, Ollie sticks a roasted chicken on a stand and sings "The Beautiful Ones" to it. He also gives it flowers and a balloon. Then later eats it. There's lots of loud noise.
12:40 - Rag P & Ollie are done. Summer and Anna and I follow Andy to the Rec Center parking lot, where Andy joins the folks in my car and we drive the long, long way to Goodhue for Adam's birthday party. We stay 'til around 1, then I drop the rest off at the complex and come home.
I added some pictures to my pictures page when I got home. That's mostly it I think. Some of the pictures are courtesy of Summer, and some I dredged up on my own. I should go to bed soon since I have to be at the Rec Center at 9:45 in the morning for track. But I don't think I'd be able to sleep quite yet.
Tonight I elected to take a break from the busyness and hit up the Carleton nightlife. This entailed the following, all with Summer and Anna, some with other characters (as noted):
18:45 - Leave the dining hall for Davis hall.
21:10 - Leave Davis hall for Allen House, having gained one old and uncomfortable sweatshirt.
21:15 - Leave Allen House by car for the Cave, having ditched said sweatshirt in favor of green corduroy shirt and Philadelphia Eagles knit hat.
21:20 - Arrive at the Cave to find Rag P & Ollie (and Neal and Randy) have been sent to the end of the line, not to perform until 11:30 PM. Nevertheless, we wait around for a bit to listen to Drew Piston, 1st Goodhue alum.
22:01 - Leave the Cave for the Tavern, having gained Andy.
22:05 - Having wandered the streets of Northfield for veritable minutes, our company finally arrives. This includes Geoff, Zanna, Keith, Simone, and Sarah. We acquire a table; malts (etc.) are ordered (mine a strawberry without whipped cream). Cristina and Drew arrive at various points. I consume a packet of peanut butter, my malt, and the end of Anna's malt.
??:?? - I don't know what time it is now, but Summer, Anna, Andy, and I head back to the Cave, our bellies full of malts, root beer floats, and clam chowder.
??:?? - Captain Yonder, 'shroomheads that they are (according to Ollie), finish their set and Rag P & Ollie & Neal & Randy prepare to take the stage. Randy reads his fantastic poetry while Neal plays power chords and Rag P & Ollie do their thing. Later, when Neal and Randy are gone, Ollie sticks a roasted chicken on a stand and sings "The Beautiful Ones" to it. He also gives it flowers and a balloon. Then later eats it. There's lots of loud noise.
12:40 - Rag P & Ollie are done. Summer and Anna and I follow Andy to the Rec Center parking lot, where Andy joins the folks in my car and we drive the long, long way to Goodhue for Adam's birthday party. We stay 'til around 1, then I drop the rest off at the complex and come home.
I added some pictures to my pictures page when I got home. That's mostly it I think. Some of the pictures are courtesy of Summer, and some I dredged up on my own. I should go to bed soon since I have to be at the Rec Center at 9:45 in the morning for track. But I don't think I'd be able to sleep quite yet.

1 Comments:
Glad you're having some fun...the only problem with your present picture page is there is no way to know where the new ones are. It is necessary to look at them all to find them.
Post a Comment
<< Home