1.14.2005
Walri and Penguins
I had a dream that Summer and I were at a restaurant/department store/hotel. I was looking into this enclosed staircase when I found a baby walrus. It was very cute but had very large and impressive tusks. When I reached out to pet it, its large, 'til then sleeping parent woke up and bellowed at me. As it started to come down the stairs, I ran for another staircase, passing some penguins on the way. I told Summer she should come, too, saying that walruses couldn't climb stairs, until I remembered that the walruses had been sleeping on the staircase, and must have gotten there somehow. Luckily, Summer and I got to the department store where we were safe from the walrus, but a clerk tried to charge Summer for the glass of water she had been drinking when we fled.
The real events of the past few days have been nicer and far less stressful than that EXCEPT that my third comps proposal still apparently doesn't have enough to do with food AND our comps presentations will be on my birthday. Is there no justice in the world?
Also what classes should I take next term? The most interesting at this juncture seem to be:
a) Virgil Seminar
b) Environmental Policy and Politics
c) Religion and the Constitution
d) Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Hemingway
e) Byzantine History
There will likely be lots of reading no matter which ones I take. And if history has taught us anything, it's that darkhorse candidates may yet emerge and end up on my schedule next term. Anyway what do you think of that?
The real events of the past few days have been nicer and far less stressful than that EXCEPT that my third comps proposal still apparently doesn't have enough to do with food AND our comps presentations will be on my birthday. Is there no justice in the world?
Also what classes should I take next term? The most interesting at this juncture seem to be:
a) Virgil Seminar
b) Environmental Policy and Politics
c) Religion and the Constitution
d) Faulkner, Fitzgerald, Hemingway
e) Byzantine History
There will likely be lots of reading no matter which ones I take. And if history has taught us anything, it's that darkhorse candidates may yet emerge and end up on my schedule next term. Anyway what do you think of that?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home